Friday, October 21, 2011

The Sneak Preview

Video production is very time consuming so in August when I decided to produce tutorial videos for this blog, I planned to complete 12 tutorials before September 1st and then start publishing one each week.  Since hard drives can crash, I thought the best strategy would be to upload the finished videos to You Tube but mark them “private” until the day I was ready to publish them.  This “Beaded Sandals” video took a long time to upload, however, and while I was waiting, I decided to make a quick trip to the restroom.  When I came back to the computer, the video had finished processing and it had already received a viewing.  “How can that be?”  I wondered.  Then I noticed that there was also a comment.  I clicked on the link and found encouraging words from my doll mentor, Vanessa of Van’s Doll Treasures.  I subscribe to her You Tube channel so I won’t miss any of her excellent doll dramas.  I guess she happened to be on-line in You Tube and could see that I had uploaded a new video in the short interval before I could mark it private.  What a coincidence! 

Two months later here is the official premiere of “Beaded Sandals:”


After watching the “Action Figure Sandals” tutorial, Hippolyta on Figurvore made 20 pairs!  If you make any of these “Beaded Sandals,” I would love to see the pictures.

À Bientôt

2 comments:

  1. You are the epitome of the patient person! I do love that you are able to make and stick to your plans. We all know the haphazard doll person that I am. It's great to see this video again. I am going to definitely make the kids some sandals. I bought a ton of foam years ago, that is just sitting there waiting for a project.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete