Friday, November 25, 2011

Roux

“Just think, seventeen customers ordered Cajun deep fried turkeys for Thanksgiving.  I bet if we take out an ad in the Picayune, we can get even more orders next year.”


“But you will wear yourself out,” Naveen protested. 


Catering for a Knights of Columbus fundraiser over the weekend had almost run Tianna and Naveen off their feet.   The restaurant was closed on Mondays so the balmy November evening found them cooling their heels on a bench in the park.


   “I know your feet must still ache from standing over that gumbo pot all those hours.  “Let me attend to the suffering dears” said Naveen, drawing her slender calves into his lap and slipping off one sandal.  


“How do you like that?” he said as he removed the other sandal and began to gently massage her arches. 

 
  Tianna stopped balancing the accounts in her head and surrendered to Naveen’s tender ministrations.
 

He couldn’t cook.  He was all thumbs with a hammer, and he was likely to be off jitterbugging in some dive with his low life friend, Louis, just at the moment when there was serious work to be done but …

    Naveen’s fingers played lightly over Tiana’s body with the finesse of a master chef mincing celery and onions.  He improvised a medley of sensations, tossing a pinch of this and that into the gumbo pot and then he banked the heat so that instead of scorching, the sauce thickened in a rich blend of flavors.  “I think we have a fine roux,” he murmured as he savored the scent of her desire. 

    Suddenly he pulled Tiana onto his lap


and deftly stirred the pot, running his hands up and down her legs. 


Then he brushed her hair back from her face and gazed into her eyes:  

I’ll be loving you always

With a love that's true always.

When the things you’ve planned

Need a helping hand,

I will understand always
he crooned, tempering the red pepper with a little brown sugar.  He was about to sample the mixture when the pot came to a boil.  Tiana pushed her jitterbug prince down and kissed him, pressing in for a taste of his smoked andouille sausage.  He cupped her hips and pulled her closer.


Their legs intertwined as the gumbo steamed and bubbled…

  
“I think you folks better take the party indoors,” said Officer Waguespack.


Tiana and Naveen sat up sheepishly 


but after they got home they dished up loving spoonfuls for the rest of the night. 


***
I can’t promise a foot massage from Prince Naveen but you can make these sandals for your dolls by following the instructions in this tutorial:



Irving Berlin composed “Always” in 1925 for Ellin Mackay whose wealthy father opposed her marriage to a Jewish immigrant.  Berlin assigned the royalties from this song to Ellin so that she would have an income, always, but they remained married and deeply in love for sixty-three years until her death in 1988.

Here is the Ink Spots 1947 recording of this famous tune:



À Bientôt

9 comments:

  1. Great story! Thanks for posting the Ink Spots video. Bought back a ton of memories of my father playing The Ink Spots, The Mills Brothers, Tennessee Ernie Ford and Polka's on the stereo. Great music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to get a man if you are going to keep posting stories like this. I am never lonely until I read your stories. LOL! Great story. I do love his sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great tutorial followed by a steamy love story.

    I agree with Officer Waguespack, Tiana and Naveen need to get a room.

    :-)

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a lot of fun doing this local color story so I'm glad you ladies enjoyed it.

    Frannie -- I got an Ink Spots album in the cut out bin when I was in graduate school and just about wore the grooves off it. MGM's 1937 short "Swing Wedding" which is an ancestor of Disney's "The Princess and the Frog" opens with a Mills Brothers parody. I did a lot of research and pinpointed the date in "The Princess and the Frog" to 1924 so Irving Berlin's 1925 "Always" seemed an appropriate tune for Naveen to sing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Spain: I love the collection of dolls and scenes that you do like the room. You look very real with breakfast in bed. I invite you to my blog: all4barbie.blogspot.com
    We remain in contact blog blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola Marta,

    Bienvenida a mi blog! He visto lo suyo y me encantan sus dioramas. Le invito a ver me cuento bilingue (espanol/ ingles) "I'm Your Woman":

    http://limbedolls.blogspot.com/2011/10/im-your-woman.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Spain: Alexander and Alyssa are handsome and really different from all the wrists of Mattel. You are an expert in sewing. I already saw your tutorial and doing it your it seems easy but I put to sew is very difficult. The sandals that you did to him are precious. I like much the entrance ' to day AT the Fair' with a happy family. Kira enchants to me. We follow in contact of blog blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marta,

    Alyssa is a friend of Janay from Integrity toys play line. She makes a great lingerie model. Kira needs more screen time but I haven't developed a story for her yet.

    ReplyDelete